If you resemble most web designers, you’re constantly trying to find methods to get links to your site. Of course, if they’re one-way links, all the much better! Well, submitting your site to directories not just offers you one way, but you can likewise get them free of charge.
If you follow a few rules when sending your website to various directories, you’ll greatly increase the number of directory sites that accept your link, so increasing the number of links you get.
Lots of directories publish an extensive list of rules for sending to their site, however, there are a few general rules that will put you in good stead.
1. No marketing language— prevent promo type language in your title and description. Avoid things like “click on this link” “conserve huge”, etc.
2. Don’t keyword things— While you desire your keywords in your title and description as possible, do not stuff them with your keyword. You want it to look official and natural.
3. Provide valid contact info— When you add your listing, use your real name and e-mail address. It will considerably increase your possibilities of acceptance.
4. Send to the inmost pertinent category– Do not submit to the main category unless there is not a subcategory that fits your website. For example, google.com must be submitted to Computers > Internet > Browse > Online Search Engine, not just to the Computers classification
5. Website standards— in basic, directory sites will just accept special, content-rich sites. A lot of directories will not accept Adsense sites, scraper websites, entrance pages, and so on
6. Add your homepage— Don’t submit sub-pages unless the directory site states you may– most directories will reject sub-page listings.
Bonus pointer– Here’s a method to significantly speed up your directory submissions. Use a form fill plugin for your internet browser that instantly completes your url, title, description, etc. I utilize and advise RoboForm, but you might find a better totally free one someplace.